Friday, March 23, 2007

Still kicking sand



We slept late today. Groggily, we made our way to the whale watching post.
Dan caught some great footage. Then we enjoyed some pool time before yoga.
It was the tenth class ( Oh, dear, no more class passes!)
Carole was there to delight us; talk about Sugar Cane, pure cane sugar from Hawaii!
It was steamy, female and infinite. In closing she misted us with a rose petal scent, and read from Rumi's Hidden Music."Sow seeds of Love. . . "
"The practice of yoga reveals bliss to the mind and love to the heart," (that is the 'addiction'), "all else fades away."

Dan came to me with the ginger lemonade to ease realignment with the universe. I am always so far away and I don't know where that is. But it is good that I can't drive.

We drove to Anini Beach and what a reunion it was to see so many art mentors made me more ecstatic than ever. We were hoping for the fish taco truck but ending up sharing an apple for lunch. Susie Cowan took me to a shell treasure trove under a banyan tree and we collected cowee shells for Lorraine. Wow!! My dad said we were going to Cowee in post one, now we've come full circle! Jeepers. . . .

Then a painting was calling to me when I saw a tree swing, the the Kiluea Lighthouse in the back ground. Well one thing led to another and I was swinging out over the Pacific Ocean. It's okay. One day I may be blind and I'll treasure today.



Dan went home to watch the Ducks and I went back to Hale Luana with the artists.It was pouring; green and fragrant. On every artists'table scenes of our beloved Hawaii. . . turles, mermaids, torch ginger, roosters and verdant Mount Mahama. Those artists waste no time getting down to 'work'. We were icvited to stay for dinner, but declined the gracious invitation

Dan brings me home, and we eat all our leftovers, quesadillas, honu chicken with cashews and fresh bananas and seafood chowder. Dan snoozes on the sofa. It is raining again, but ublike the great Northwest, it seventy seven degrees and sweet, flowery air. Tomorrow we pack up and go to the east to our last night on the island.
Mahalo, sweet Lord

1 comment:

Gail said...

Whale sightings and a tree swing on Kauai... what could be more fun? I'm glad you've had such a wonderful time there... again! Thanks for taking us along via this blog.
Aloha,
Gail
PS: Go Ducks!