Sunday, March 18, 2007

Such a sweet Sunday

Up early, we walked to the cliff with our coffees to watch the whales' antics.
After taro waffles we chose to worship in Hanalei at the Hawaiian Church of Waioli.The Hawaiian language has 5 vowels and 12 letters, it's lovely to listen to :-)
Picnicking at Anini Beach comprised the next half day. Pizza, chips and Kauai salsa, apples and pepper 'jacque' chevre, and monchong fish. A few guava beers staved off thirst.

Living Your Yoga March 18
"Can I be safe and challenged at the same time?"
"Think of something you have been putting off because you are a little afraid of doing it: making a specific phone call, writing a letter or telling someone your truth. Do it today with an open heart."

Well, I can relate to this. As I stretched out on my beach blanket I pondered why I was struggling to begin painting. Perhaps last week the yoga classes trumped the need to paint. But after visiting the Kim McDonald gallery yesterday I was ready to explore my watercolor possibilities. Here is the result. . .



I was quite satisfied to have a drawing. Now it's your turn!



The Art Adventure group is arriving tomorrow and we'll get together for more artistic expression, wahoo!

Tonight Dan grills a New York steak and I enjoy sushi with a glass of chenin blanc. We watch Shopgirl with the free movie we won last week. Sunburned bodies hit the sack after enjoying the Bali Hai real estate channel. Mahalo Lord for a perfect day.

No comments: