Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Anini morning

I hear a taffeta thud as a mourning dove lands in our plumeria tree. It arranges its bronze shirt. Ne ne shuffle and call to one another, silhouetted against the sea, ruffled by trade winds. No rain yet. Dan prepares taro waffles and coffee.
After a Swedish sauna (hot jacuzzi & chilling pool water) we leave for Anini Beach.



Anini Beach is my new Metolious River. 'Jerusalem' if you will . . . a pilgrimage.
Today I ask, "What is the beach teaching me?" As I search for perfect sea shells, for a 'seashell bouquet' for my friend Lorraine, I hear, "We are all broken unless we are new to the beach." And, "We are all molting; holding and loosing the lives we cling to, like shells. We are constantly being renewed with new shells as we grow and grow, ever encompassing more that life is offering." That's enough to chew on.
Lunch is Pau Hana Pizza, a salad and water. We buy fresh guava puree to mix equal parts with a Pacifico/ Guava Beer!

The Farmer's Market in Hanalei is fantastic; tomatoes, peppers, green onions, ginger, limes, apple bananas and papaya. The lilikoi goat's cheese is the ultimate treat.

Then we shop at the Tropical Tantrum. The sale rack sometimes holds treasures.
Today we buy a skirt in brown, aqua and cream, a pattern like waves leave on the sand.

Dan grills chicken and pineapple for Honu Chicken and I am cooking a pot of brown rice for dinner. Relax Deeply is at 5:30 so it's time to dress for class. I have a ten-class pass for the coming two weeks. Hatha Flow and Renew Deeply. This is an awesome vacation.