Thursday, March 22, 2007

Rained out

Dan and I went out to breakfast at the Hanalei Bay Resort, Yummers!
We were blessed to see a rainbow over Bali Hai and enjoyed The Bay Benedict; shrimp, crab and scallops in hollandaise yum sauce.
We were preparing for the Big Kayak Adventure on the Hanalei River. Here is my brave kayak mate. Can you believe Johnny gave him that tiny, tippy canoe? He was just inches above the water when we paddled to shore to get out of a fierce squall. He mentioned his kayak was full of water. I emptied my water bottle and he baled a couple gallons of water OUT of his kayak. We were lucky to return the kayak without incident. I gave Johnny a piece of my mind! Thoughtfully he invited us back tomorrow. (Whatever ...) I believe the window of opportunity has closed :-)




On rainy days we drive to the sunny south shore. It seemed a good idea to shop for gifts at Hilo Hatties. We also enjoyed the Wailua waterfalls and lunch at the Polynesian Cafe.

Now it's time for Relax Deeply at Hanalei Yoga. New teacher, really pumped! It wasn't painful or relaxing just pleasant. Compassion is the key. "Compost!" I am not used to that term for savasana, she must me a gardening enthusiast. "Return to the earth, be more like the earth, giving more than you were given. A sleek ear of perfect corn, an eggplant glistening, an orchid comes forth from the compost. Compost"
And, "Yoga begins with listening."

Lenten soup supper is seafood chowder, oyster crackers and a tropical chardonnay.
It's nice to be in tune with the church calendar while feeling sublime in Hawaii.
Lent is the time to reflect, return to our baptism. Dan finds the perfect dinner music, Holden's Mountain Vespers, and the bread and soup dinner is complete.


No comments: